PRIVACY, TERMS & IMPRINT
We are La Prairie Group AG, a company registered in Switzerland with company registration number CH020.3.914.389-2 ("we", "us" or "our"). We operate the website www.laprairieswitzerland.com/ ("Website"). Our principal place of business is at Industriestrasse 8, 8604 Volketswil, Switzerland.
1. What personal data do we collect?
1.1 We may collect the following information about you:
Information that you provide to us (e.g. by completing a form on the Website or contacting us).
- Your name and contact details (including telephone number, home address and email address);
- Billing information (including delivery address and payment details). We reserve the right to request additional evidence or proof of billing information where we think this is necessary;
- Website registration credentials (including username and password). By creating an account, you can store your debit and credit card information for easier and faster checkout, store and edit your delivery addresses and billing information and review your previous purchases and order history;
- Expressed personal preferences (e.g. communications and language settings);
- Interactions with us (e.g. transaction history); and
- Correspondence and communications between us and you.
Information we collect from your use of the Website
We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your computer's IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
1.3 You do not have to provide personal data to access the Website but certain functionality (such as being able to buy our products via the Website) will not otherwise be available to you.
1.4 You confirm that all information you provide to us at any time is true, accurate and complete.
1.5 You must not provide information about anyone else unless you have their permission to do so.
2. Why do we need your personal data?
2.1 We may use your personal data for the following reasons:
- Order management and fulfillment and to complete any contractual arrangements between us and you;
- Transaction processing (including the processing of your payment details, credit checks and fraud prevention activities). These checks may be required, amongst other things, to verify your identity, to validate your credit or debit card, to obtain an initial credit or debit card authorization and/or to authorize individual purchases;
- Website and business analysis, administration and management;
- Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of the Website (e.g. accessing social network platforms);
- Sending you communications about our products, services and promotions (including service updates) and making product or service recommendations to you;
- Customizing the Website to suit your preferences; and
- Keeping our Website secure.
2.3 We may also disclose personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- banks and the providers of credit reports for the purposes of transaction processing, which may keep a record of that information;
- third parties (such as social networks), where you direct us to do so. Your personal data will become subject to the privacy policies of those third parties when it is shared with them;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets that may be disclosed to the prospective and eventual buyers; or
2.4 In carrying out the above activities, we may transfer your personal data overseas, including to the United States and Switzerland. Wherever we transfer your personal data, we will take steps to safeguard it. For transfers from Europe, we use European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses.
2.5 By submitting your personal data, you agree to us transferring, storing or processing your personal data as outlined above.
3.2 The cookies that we use can be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for your use of the Website and its features, such as making a product purchase. We have to use these cookies to make the Website work as it should, whether or not you agree to cookies being used.
- Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, so that we can understand how our Website is used. We may use Google Analytics for this purpose: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
- Functionality cookies allow the Website to remember you in order to provide enhanced customised features (e.g. language preferences).
3.3 To find out more about cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Your browser settings may allow you to choose not to receive any cookies: you should consult the 'Help' section of your browser for more information. By rejecting or disabling cookies, certain Website content or functionality may not be available to you.
4. Keeping your personal data secure
4.1 We take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized loss or disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
4.2 Our Website may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how those third parties may use your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4.3 We do not knowingly collect information about anyone under 18 years of age.
4.4 If you register with us, you will be asked to provide an account user name and password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
5. Your rights
5.1 In accordance with applicable law, users of our Website may have the right to:
- access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- request that we correct, amend or update your personal data; and
- request that we stop using your information for marketing purposes and, in certain circumstances, that we stop using your personal data altogether.
5.2 You may have additional rights under your local law.
5.3 If you wish to exercise these rights, please (Contact Us).
6. Contacting us
Thank you for visiting our Website.
We are La Prairie Group AG, a company registered in Switzerland with company registration number CH020.3.914.389-2, and we operate the Website. Our principal place of business is at Industriestrasse 8, 8604 Volketswil, Switzerland.
1.2 When we refer to "we", "us" or "our", we mean La Prairie Group AG. When we refer to "you" or "your" we mean you, the person accessing or using our Website.
2. Our Website
2.1 Our Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may update the Website and/or change the content on it at any time.
2.3 WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE, OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, WILL BE FREE FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. WE USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO INCLUDE ONLY ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; HOWEVER WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING SUCH INFORMATION.
2.4 The Website and the content on it are provided for general information and entertainment purposes only. They are not intended to amount to advice (medical or otherwise) on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
3. Your account and password
3.1 If you resister with us, you will be asked to provide your email address and password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
4. Our rights
4.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and its content, the La Prairie name and mark and La Prairie's product names, images and packaging. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
4.3 No part of the Website, including, without limitation, the text, designs, graphics, photographs and images contained in it, may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, re-posted, modified, transmitted or distributed or otherwise used in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
4.4 Any communications or materials you send to us through the Website by electronic mail or other means will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential (other than communications in respect of your order if you use the Website to buy La Prairie products from us). We are free to publish, display, post, distribute and otherwise use any ideas, suggestions, concepts, designs, know-how and other information contained in such communications or material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing us and our products.
5. Our liability
5.1.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
5.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
5.1.3 any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
5.2 THE WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE "AS IS" AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS WHICH MAY APPLY TO OUR WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
5.3 WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
5.3.1 USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR WEBSITE; OR
5.3.2 USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON OUR WEBSITE.
5.4 IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS USER, PLEASE NOTE THAT IN PARTICULAR, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
5.4.1 LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
5.4.2 BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
5.4.3 LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
5.4.4 LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
5.4.5 ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
5.5 IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER USER, PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY PROVIDE OUR WEBSITE FOR DOMESTIC AND PRIVATE USE. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES, AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
5.6 WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A VIRUS, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
5.7 WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT OF WEBSITES LINKED ON OUR WEBSITE. SUCH LINKS SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS ENDORSEMENT BY US OF THOSE LINKED WEBSITES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF THEM.
5.8 Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the sale of any La Prairie products by us to you. These are set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
6.1 We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website and we recommend that you use your own virus protection software.
6.2 You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
7. Buying La Prairie products
If you use the Website to buy products from us, our Terms and Conditions of Sale (available at Terms and Conditions) will apply to your purchase. Please take the time to read our Terms and Conditions of Sale as they include important information and terms. If you do not accept our Terms and Conditions of Sale, you are not permitted to buy products from us through the Website.
8. Your personal information
9. Governing law and jurisdiction
10. Contacting us
Thank you for visiting our Website.
La Prairie Group AG, registered in Switzerland
Company Registration Number CH020.3.914.389-2
Industriestrasse 8, 8604 Volketswil, Switzerland